Tuesday 8 November 2011

Bonjour Paris!

How is it possible that you can wait in lines in the freezing cold with the wind blasting you for 2 hours and still feel happy about it? The answer for me is if at the end of it all I find myself staring down at the streets of Paris from the top of the Eiffel Tower, which is where I was lucky enough to be last weekend. Given that the weather was bleak (to put it mildly), I decided to take a different approach to photographing the tower. Instead of all those lovely romantic shots that are on every street vendor's postcards, I love this moody shot which I think captures the feel of the day perfectly.


Most awe inspiring place in Paris? That would be Notre Dame. 850 years old. That's 4 times older than any building in Australia. I know you've all seen the postcards of Notre Dame too, so here is a different aspect.

What was the funniest thing about Paris? The Moulin Rouge. Hilariously camp. I especially loved the part where the girl dived into the swimming pool to perform with 2 big pythons, but spent the whole time swimming after them to stop them from escaping. Best thing to eat - definitely NOT the food at the Moulin Rouge! I think my husband would say the French Onion Soup (and it was truly divine), but I would have to go for Laduree's macaroons (I even remembered to take a photo of the box before I devoured all of them).
Strangest thing about Paris - definitely this disabled toilet. Can you work it out?
Au revoir Paris!


No comments:

Post a Comment